THE LAST WORDS...

To my dear adventurers:

How are you these days? I am a little sad as I am writing my last post for you guys. I know I am so used to posting and writing about teaching and technology but all good things must come to an end 😓. 




💭When I first started this journey with technology I was hesitant as it was my first time taking such a course that helps me lo learn how to teach by using technology. I thought it was going to be troublesome and boring but lord I was wrong! Before even knowing that such a course exists, I was prone to teach something by lecturing maybe using some games and role plays. But, I was not aware that the future of us is going to be born in technology and I  need to arrange my teaching styles according to their needs.

💭During the course, I felt the change in my usage of technology. Each week I was learning something new, beneficial that I can use in my future days. I am no longer a regular teacher that every school has who makes students feel negative feelings toward English. Maybe the one sentence I can construct to summarize this course is: " I am not going to teach English as the way I learned it.".

💭I think I am more aware of the tools and the websites to be used in class to provide my students' needs. We are in the 21st century and now we have to integrate technology, critical thinking and communication skills to anytime and anywhere. I learned how to be a better version of myself for my future students and I am not going to stop learning. Because everything is changing so fastly, every day something new is discovered and new is always better. 💪



💭I had fun during my Instructional Technology and Material Design course. Maybe the most fun part was creating something. when you feel, see or touch something you put an effort on, you also feel an accomplishment which motivates you to do more. This era wants us to be creative, productive and skillful. This is who I have become after this course. 

I think there is only one thing to be improved and schools are responsible for it. I had difficulty in posting because my computer was broken. If our school provides more opportunities for those students who is in short of supplies, it will be easier for us to learn and produce something.



Lastly, I want to thank all of my friends who have become my wonderwall during this beautiful adventure. Thank you, my dear teacher, Gökçe Kurt who gave us this opportunity that helps both our and our students' future.





Do not stop exploring and getting in new adventures, my friends. Learning is for life. It is maybe the most beautiful blessing the humankind have.


I love you all, Refiye






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RSS FEED "THE HERO"